- This event has passed.
Storytime with David Covell
October 14, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
WORD Bookstores & Friends of Transmitter Park Present Storytime!
In an era when we could all do with spending a little less time on our phones, David Covell’s beautifully illustrated book Run Wild is a reminder for kids (and adults!) to take a moment and enjoy the outdoors. “This lushly illustrated ode to outdoor play and nature should inspire even the most reluctant couch potato to get out and ‘run wild,'” writes the School Library Journal. Join David and WORD for storytime and art making in Greenpoint’s Transmitter Park! Plus cookies & cider.
Meet in Transmitter Park by the transmitter building near the Kent Street entrance.
- The Mandarin Duck Was Spotted On The Brooklyn Side Of The East River
- Transmitter Park: How Greenpoint’s Waterfront Oasis Finally Appeared
- Greenpoint Had a Fig Tree
- Look Up! Free Stargazing Tonight in Greenpoint
- Disconnect Your Devices and Connect To Nature in Transmitter Park
- City’s Plan for Restaurant in Transmitter Park Infuriates Greenpointers
- Developers Push Plans to Turn Transmitter Park into ‘Front Yard’
- Greenpoint Residents: Transmitter Park Development ‘Blurs Line Between Public And Private’
- Not Even a Blustery Day Could Chill the Bern at Transmitter Park
- Bernie Sanders Highlights His New York Roots at Brooklyn Rally
- Greenpoint Transformed Into The “Greenest Point” for Climate Week NYC 2016
- Purple Rain at WNYC Transmitter Park