Riverkeeper Sweep 2019
May 4 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Friends of Transmitter Park and Riverkeeper for a clean up of WNYC Transmitter Park on Saturday, May 4, 2019 for the 8th Annual Riverkeeper Sweep, a day of service for the Hudson River and its tributaries.
Volunteers will meet near the mural wall at the WNYC Transmitter Park(Greenpoint Ave and West St., Brooklyn, NY 11222). This Sweep site has neighborhood parking, with limited public parking. We ask all Sweep volunteers to wear sturdy shoes or boots, clothing that they can get dirty, and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a reusable water bottle, work gloves, and snacks. This site is suitable for elementary-aged children with proper adult supervision.
Questions? Contact Riverkeeper at email@example.com or site leader Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweep would not be possible without the support of Riverkeeper volunteers and members. Magnify your impact at Sweep by donating to or sharing our Sweep Fundraising campaign! When you build your own Facebook Fundraiser or support an existing one, you demonstrate your commitment to a trash-free Hudson and inspire your network to support Riverkeeper’s work to protect the Hudson River and its tributaries. You and your supporters will become Riverkeeper members, and the more members we have standing with us, the more we can accomplish together.
- The Mandarin Duck Was Spotted On The Brooklyn Side Of The East River
- Transmitter Park: How Greenpoint’s Waterfront Oasis Finally Appeared
- Greenpoint Had a Fig Tree
- Look Up! Free Stargazing Tonight in Greenpoint
- Disconnect Your Devices and Connect To Nature in Transmitter Park
- City’s Plan for Restaurant in Transmitter Park Infuriates Greenpointers
- Developers Push Plans to Turn Transmitter Park into ‘Front Yard’
- Greenpoint Residents: Transmitter Park Development ‘Blurs Line Between Public And Private’
- Not Even a Blustery Day Could Chill the Bern at Transmitter Park
- Bernie Sanders Highlights His New York Roots at Brooklyn Rally
- Greenpoint Transformed Into The “Greenest Point” for Climate Week NYC 2016
- Purple Rain at WNYC Transmitter Park