- This event has passed.
NYC Council Hearing on 13-15 Greenpoint Ave Text Amendment
May 16 @ 5:30 am - 7:30 am
The campaign to protect Transmitter Park from the effects of 11-story building be proposed and spawned by a zoning text amendment is entering its final round. The NYC Council Zoning & Franchises Subcommittee is holding a hearing on this application. Friends of WNYC Transmitter Park will be testifying supporting modifications to this amendment to mitigate the huge imposing impact the out-of-scale building will have on the park. *** We need the community there to reinforce these recommendations to help soften the blow on the ground ***
Though the City Planning Commission delivered a power blow against these recommendations, local councilman Steve Levin has provided some hope that much of them could be included in the final outcome.
*** Please join us! *** Protect Transmitter!
email@example.com for more info
- Updates (8)
- Disconnect Your Devices and Connect To Nature in Transmitter Park
- City’s Plan for Restaurant in Transmitter Park Infuriates Greenpointers
- Developers Push Plans to Turn Transmitter Park into ‘Front Yard’
- Greenpoint Residents: Transmitter Park Development ‘Blurs Line Between Public And Private’
- Not Even a Blustery Day Could Chill the Bern at Transmitter Park
- Bernie Sanders Highlights His New York Roots at Brooklyn Rally
- Greenpoint Transformed Into The “Greenest Point” for Climate Week NYC 2016
- Purple Rain at WNYC Transmitter Park