- This event has passed.
Audubon Bird & Butterfly Walk
August 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join us for a birds’ eye view of our favorite city park with an NYC Audubon educator.
Naturalist Nadir Souirgi will guide us through an introductory exploration of the birds and butterflies that make WNYC Transmitter Park their home or a migratory stopover, and how the park’s various natural and unnatural elements serve these purposes.
Co-organized with Open Space Alliance for North Brooklyn.
It’s going to be a great sunny day in the park today. *** Please meet by the entrance to the pier near Kent St as the pier & water will be the initial focus. *** If you have binoculars, feel free to bring them. We will have a couple extra pair on hand.
- Updates (8)
- Disconnect Your Devices and Connect To Nature in Transmitter Park
- City’s Plan for Restaurant in Transmitter Park Infuriates Greenpointers
- Developers Push Plans to Turn Transmitter Park into ‘Front Yard’
- Greenpoint Residents: Transmitter Park Development ‘Blurs Line Between Public And Private’
- Not Even a Blustery Day Could Chill the Bern at Transmitter Park
- Bernie Sanders Highlights His New York Roots at Brooklyn Rally
- Greenpoint Transformed Into The “Greenest Point” for Climate Week NYC 2016
- Purple Rain at WNYC Transmitter Park